Thursday, August 18, 2011

Has anyone owned both a rusty pirahna and a webber afterburner? any major differences in the way they perform?

I dont have experience with the webber, but ive been riding the rusty piranha for the last two and a half weeks in costa rica. I fell in love with this board the first time I caught a wave. Im riding the 5�8 quad model and I usually take out a 6�2 CI flyer quad. It feels just as stable or more so, catches just about anything and absolutely rips. I could do things after a week on this board that I couldnt do before. Of course boards are preferential and this one happens to really work for me. The quad setup grabs a lot more than any quads I have ridden and still gets speed down the line. I would like to the try the thruster setup be feel it might have to much grab and not enough speed. There is a nice amount of rocker at the nose which I like a lot, im not a huge fan of really flat boards. Im thinking of buying my own back in the states. Im really digging the wider, shorter design as appose to the clic shortboard for everyday surf. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment